Click on the link to watch a video to learn more about working for McKesson!
Our Distribution Center is looking for a dynamic and motivated warehouse associate to join our team. This is a fantastic chance to work for a company that has the rare mix of being a fun, yet high-paced and professional work environment. We currently have the following shift available to add to our team:
- $13.29 hourly to start with regular pay increases- rate reaches $15.30 in 18 months
The Material Handler job will involve:
- Responsible for pulling and packaging medical and surgical supplies and equipment order for shipment.
- May use (but not limited to) power equipment such as a forklift, hand tools, and other devices operated in a warehouse environment while maintaining the highest level of productivity and accuracy.
- Working with RF Scanning equipment to maintain records of merchandise shipped, examine, stock and distribute materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines.
- This position requires standing and repetitive movement throughout the entire shift in a fast-paced team oriented work setting.
- Shift requires extensive walking and mandatory overtime as needed.
If you like the sound of these job tasks and perks, then starting your career as a Material Handler is right for you!
- Keep Your Edge - Stay mentally sharp throughout your shift pulling and picking orders as you strategically get the job done
- Stay Fit- Get your workout in as you bend, twist, lift up to 50lbs, and walk extensive miles per shift- Employees that participate in our Wellness program can receive Health discounts!
- Work Hard, Play Hard - That's right! Your performance will help you earn financial incentive on top of your regular pay
- Take advantage of training to use power equipment such as a forklift, hand tools, and other devices
- Most of our Distribution Centers are climate controlled and utilize state of the art systems & equipment to make our jobs easier while providing a comfortable work environment
Entry level experience
- Work experience in a face-paced, distribution or warehouse environment or stock room strongly preferred; picking/packing, sorting, loading/unloading, scanning, or various other warehouse functions
- The ability to work the hours listed above, in addition to overtime. * Overtime in most Distribution Centers is mandatory and typically occurs M-W due to our real-time commitments to our customers
- Strong reading, addition and subtraction skills needed to manage order specific documentation
- Passion around working for a leading healthcare distribution company focused on distributing medical and surgical supplies and equipment to more than 50% of Americas hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, and other healthcare facilities
HS Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to lift 20 to 50lbs repetitively throughout the course of a shift without assistance (weight varies based on product)
- Must be able to bend, sit, stand, twist, stoop for long periods of time
- Able to walk up to 10 miles throughout the course of a shift (steps vary per shift)
- Working with RF scanning equipment
Benefits & Company Statement:
McKesson believes superior performance - individual and team - that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it's flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
When you join McKesson, you become a part of something special. You also get access to a wide variety of benefits; take a look at our total rewards: Here are a few employee perks:
- We offer a competitive starting wage along with a competitive career progression program
- We offer 16 PTO days to all eligible employees along with paid Holidays
- Our customized medical, dental and vision packages are created to fit you and your family's needs
- Earn health insurance and gym membership rebates through our wellness program
- Invest in your future through our generous 401(k) Retirement Savings Program and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement Program to offset continued education costs
- Put your family first by taking advantage of our children of McKesson Employee's Scholarship Program
- Provide you tools to advance in your career.
- Utilize the Employee Assistance Program for help with legal, financial and mental health matters
- Help create a healthier world through our volunteer and philanthropic programs
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can't do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission-whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company-and of healthcare. At McKesson, you'll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that's vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!