Position: Electrical Engineer, Firmware Applications
Position Overview: Design, develop, and test Firmware platforms for industrial automation solutions. This will include operating environments in which customers and users can customize behavior to solve their automation challenges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop embedded firmware on company control electronics platforms, to include a multi-tasking environment with industrial communications.
- Implement interfaces for industrial fieldbus communications to facilitate real-time data transfer to supervisory networks.
- Design and develop features to ensure data security and cyber security in the application.
- Develop Function Requirements documents based on Marketing Request Specifications.
- Design and implement firmware in a controlled workflow using Agile techniques and source code management (using Jira and Git tools for example).
- Conduct unit tests, integration tests, and system tests with project peers.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and industry changes.
- Up to 20% travel to CMCO locations and customer sites.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and expertise in real-time, embedded firmware topics, including interrupt management, task scheduling, CPU load monitoring, etc.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to cooperate and collaborate with team members to achieve positive results - a team player who builds and maintains strong working relationships.
- Independent problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines, incorporating solid time management skills.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 3+ years of experience with embedded firmware development in industrial electronics
- Ability to develop software in C++, C#, and similar.
- Experience in electronics hardware design, also.
About Columbus McKinnon:
We design and make material handling products and solutions, but the most important part of our business is our people. We have been a hard-working company for over 140 years - proud of our heritage, where we come from, and where we're going. As Columbus McKinnon grows, so does our need for driven and inspired employees. We are publicly traded and expanding globally - to new markets, geographies, and distribution channels. Join our winning team!
Columbus McKinnon Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence victim status or status as a protected veteran or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Columbus McKinnon Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence victim status or status as a protected veteran or any other federal, state or local protected class