Gerdau Long Steel North America is a leader in mini-mill steel production and steel recycling in North America, with an annual manufacturing capacity of approximately 10 million metric tons of mill finished steel products. Through a vertically integrated network of mini-mills, scrap recycling facilities and downstream operations, the company serve customers throughout the U.S. and Canada, offering a diverse and balanced product mix of merchant steel, rebar, structural shapes, fabricated steel, flat-rolled steel and wire rod.
Why you will love working at Gerdau:
At Gerdau, our employees are the best in the business. We have high standards and our employees constantly strive to reach even higher levels of success. Gerdau's growth is based on our values and on a vision focused on excellence. The measures of performance are customer satisfaction, the personal and professional growth of each employee, total safety in the workplace, a commitment to our stakeholders, employees, and communities, and profit. Gerdau's rewards are designed to start you off on your career with a balanced picture for both your short-term goals and your long-term success.
This is your purpose:
You will perform maintenance and repair operations necessary to keep the mill, equipment, machinery, and tools in good operating conditions; working in the many and diversified capacities required in maintenance.
This is what you will do:
- Work involves a wide range and variety of occasionally complex work and duties requiring considerable care to effectively and efficiently dismantle, repair, lubricate, reassemble, or otherwise work on general maintenance in varied capacities of such areas as an electrician, pipefitter, machine repairman, plumber, millwright, welder, and burner.
- Start, observe, operate, otherwise activate equipment to detect or verify malfunction or correction.
- Inspect, adjust, clean, or lubricate equipment as preventive maintenance.
- Tear down, replace, repair, install, and assemble equipment, parts, components, and accessories.
- Adjust mechanisms such as feed, speed, power input or output and perform other duties and work assignments as requirements as required and directed.
- Detect and report faulty material, environmental hazards, and/ or improper operation of mill equipment or machinery; refer questionable and unusual matters to proper supervision.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly fashion. Follow all safety regulations and practices.
What you must have:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 2 years of maintenance experience in an industrial setting or automobile mechanics
- Experience with repairing and fabricating spare parts for gearbox, mechanical components, hydraulic cylinder, and pumps
- Ability to work in a team with good communication skills
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunities related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, aGrowth potential, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Gerdau offers you:
- Competitive pay starting at $ 26.93 to $33.38 per hour depending on experience.
- Comprehensive Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision Plans
- Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
- 100% Matching 401K up to 6%
- Life/Accidental Life Insurance
- Health Advocate Services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Career Path System and Training
- An empowering and open culture with the opportunity to grow and create