Nalco Water, an Ecolab Company, seeks a Business Development Manager. Ecolab is a company committed to growth and we believe that our sales teams are one of the keys to our success. Technical roles at Ecolab are very challenging and involve diverse skills and responsibilities. As a company, we are committed to driving growth while providing individuals with a range of developmental career opportunities. The members of our team have an opportunity to help our customers meet their goals, differentiate Ecolab from our competition and impact the achievement of our aggressive growth targets. This position is part of the Nalco Water Global Data Center Solutions Strategic Business Unit.
The Business Development Manager role has responsibility for building new client relationships and actively prospecting new leads to expand our market opportunities within the data center segment. You will engage with data center design and engineering firms early in the planning process to solve complex data center water challenges. You will become an advisor to clients on site selection, water system design and operation, while developing the plan to best fit their timing and cost needs. You should have a proven sales track record with industrial design and engineering firms as well as an ability to consistently build trust with customers and colleagues alike.
Location: Open to anywhere in the U.S.
What's in it For You:
- You'll join a growth company offering a competitive base salary, bonus structure and benefits
- A long term, advancing career path
- Access to the industry's most innovative training programs
- A culture that values safety first, including training and personal protection
- Pride in working for a company that provides clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
- Being a leader in one of Ecolab's fastest growing businesses
What You Will Do:
- Build and secure new business with data center engineering, design and construction firms at the corporate level
- Be the single point of contact for the client during the preconstruction process
- Coordinate and manage the sales proposal process with Nalco Water's marketing, engineering, and senior management team
- Effectively communicate with clients and owners on schedule, budget, and action items to facilitate projects
- Research and develop design alternatives and value engineering solutions and provide clients with proposals and cost estimates
- Work with internal engineering and technical teams to ensure project success
- Develop strategies to address client risk, execution concerns, and stakeholder issues
- B.S. in an engineering or related discipline
- 8 years of technical sales experience
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role
- Overnight travel is a minumum of 50%
- Business Development experience in the construction industry with a successful track record of building relationships.
- A proven track record developing, retaining and maintaining clients
- Industrial water treatment and water recycling experience
- Experience in the Data Center market
- Excellent organization and communication skills,
- Ability to relate to influential people and complex organizational structures strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated initiative and leadership skills setting vision and strategy, planning, critical thinking, orchestrating cross-functionally, overseeing multiple project elements and proven track record of results
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.