The Project Engineer - Electrical is a position of expanding responsibility for assigned project designs, coordination, client communications, and associated construction administration.
- Assisting in developing single line diagrams to depict the electrical power system at a high level.
- Performing electrical calculations for power and lighting systems.
- Selecting electrical devices for power, lighting, and special systems.
- Working with other disciplines to ensure electrical and special systems designs are fully coordinated.
- Creating electrical and special systems design drawings from concept through detailed design.
- Developing electrical construction specifications.
- Following projects after construction documents are issued and reviewing submittals, providing electrical design support, and making field visits to verify construction of electrical scope is proceeding per the intent of the design.
Level II Additional Responsibilities:
- Performs Design Analysis of proposed and potential systems to present Value Engineering options to the facility owner for their consideration for the incorporation into the project.
- Construction Support:
- Problem-solving for field oversight including Requests for Information (RFI).
- Shop drawing/Submittal review.
- Field inspections and reports.
- Project Management:
- Monitors work performed by the assigned designers and technicians.
- Ensures that all project internal and external comments and markups are incorporated into the project's design documents and specifications.
- Profitability/ Planning/Scheduling:
- Monitors allocated manhours to ensure that the work performed is within project manhours.
- Works with Design/Engineering Managers to ensure that the project schedule will be met and complete documents are provided for each submission.
- Professional Development:
- Maintains required licensing CEUs by proactively seeking training to expand knowledge.
- Manages assigned staff on the projects.
- Provides coaching/mentoring of assigned staff promoting individual growth.
- Engages the entire electrical team working with all team members.
- Flexible and willing to quickly move between projects as needed to assist in meeting overall project schedules.
- Accredited electrical engineering degree.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications:
- Experience with implementing electrical and special systems design strategies/philosophies for high technology facilities required.
- Experience with National Electric Code (NEC) and other industry standards required.
- Accountability: Accepting responsibility that results in anticipation/prevention of problem areas from actions, and problem-solving inside and outside the department/organization.
- Customer Focus: Makes service to internal and external customers a priority; focuses on exceeding customer expectations, not just meeting them; recognizes and values all key stakeholders; applies and develops service excellence skills.
- Effective Communication: Listens for understanding and appreciation, encourages open feedback; presents clearly and effectively one on one, and in small and large group settings; considers the audience in preparing messages and in choosing the appropriate communication channels; creates and encourages open channels of communication.
- Execution/Empowerment: Demonstrates the ability to get results; manages competing demands in a fast-paced environment with effective results; identifies and creates contingency solutions to ensure timely execution.
- Learning & Development: Learning new skills and increasing capabilities a high priority; takes action to address development needs in self and others, if applicable; identifies gaps and learning opportunities to ensure complete technical job proficiency; takes responsibility for own development and skills improvement.
- Team: Collaborate and demonstrate respect for team members, partners and everyone with whom we do business; open communication.
- Excellence: Strive for quality and safety; executed best in class; creative and innovative; dedicated for continuous improvement.
- Service: Passionate about customer service internal and external and to the community; and creates superior value.
- Trust: High standards of ethics and personal accountability; transparency; credibility; fairness.
Haskell is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities). All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran's status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Haskell is a drug-free workplace, all applicants who receive conditional offers of employment will be subjected to pre-employment drug testing.