Haskell is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer - HVAC team member.
Our Senior Mechanical Engineer will drive projects including designing chilled water systems, hot water systems, steam systems, water treatment systems, compressed air systems, natural gas systems, HVAC systems and much more. Candidates can expect to work on exciting projects such as clean rooms, food processing facilities, distilleries, breweries, government facilities and a variety of other challenges that help support our client's needs.
- Application of Knowledge of Building Systems (Conceptual Design):
- Ensures understanding and compliance with owner's building program requirements and facility or corporate standards related to mechanical and plumbing systems design.
- Confirms and reviews applicable codes and standards such as but not limited to the International Building Code Council (Mechanical, Plumbing, Gas, Fire), ASHRAE Standards (90.1, 62 and 15) and NFPA.
- Given the scope of design services, the owner's building program and facility standards, building code research and relevant industry standards, establish and document the mechanical and plumbing systems basis of design and in doing so provide clarification, qualifications and design assumptions regarding relevant design issues.
- Works with building/facility owner to ensure that the appropriate cost effective systems/products are utilized in their facility.
- Works with building owner and construction management team to validate construction cost and provide value engineering options as may be necessary.
- Knows when to obtain support from Lead Mechanical Engineer for assistance to determine engineering and design building requirements.
- Assist in the establishment of the building envelope thermal insulation values for the purpose of energy code compliance and cooling/heating load calculations.
- Performs and documents engineering calculations related to mechanical and plumbing systems for the purpose of selecting code compliant systems and equipment.
- Performs systems and equipment selections.
- Performs layout and sizing of systems and equipment.
- Drafts or oversees the drafting of the mechanical and plumbing systems and in doing so establishes the appropriate level of drawing detail to ensure completeness and accuracy of design and construction cost.
- Schedules mechanical and plumbing equipment with the appropriate accessories and remarks.
- Develops the necessary control drawings (schematics, points list and sequence of operation) to ensure adequate environmental temperature and humidity control or system and equipment performance.
- Insures that there is complete and accurate specification.
- Revit and AutoCAD capability is required.
- Construction Support:
- Assist with Problem solving for field oversights.
- Shop drawing/Submittal review.
- Does Field inspections and reports
- Assist in Photograph review
- Assist with RFI
- Project Management:
- Overseeing the work performed by the assigned staff.
- Planning, Scheduling and Profitability:
- Monitors what is to be included in design package issue (pricing documents, SD, DD, and CD).
- Works with projects lead architect and engineers to insure that project schedule will be met and complete documents provided for each submission.
- Designs project within provided design budget and track additional hours utilized when scope is expanded.
- Professional Development:
- Maintains required licensing CEU.
- Proactively attempts to receive in-house/out-of-house training to maintain create design skills.
- Manages assigned staff on the projects.
- Accredited engineering degree.
- Licensed Professional Engineer
To apply, please email: Lacy.McCullar@Haskell.com
Haskell is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities). All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran's status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Haskell is a drug-free workplace, all applicants who receive conditional offers of employment will be subjected to pre-employment drug testing.