Are you looking to make a difference in a patient's life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
* Supports software applications to ensure that the correct software products are deployed to multiple demonstrations, integration, and test environments in a reliable and repeatable manner.
* Performs release planning within one application development area.
* Prepare detailed release/install related technical documentation which serves as an audit trail for the release/install
* Reviews production and test change requests with appropriate IT groups and resolves discrepancies and dependencies.
* Identifies potential conflicts during deployments; identifies conflicts with code branching and merging.
* Tracks code deployments in all environments (prod and non-prod) to ensure that what is being tested is the code that is expected in production.
* Acts in a DevOps role, coordinating with Infrastructure to secure environment resources are provisioned for the project team(s)
* Works with production team to schedule production release updates and upgrades.
* Ensures package releases for test, pre-production and production environments are moved without issues
* Works with software developers to develop release document.
* Updates the project change requests, impact assessments, incident reports, and software change notices on a continuous basis.
* Defines, documents, and maintains the build process, source control, hardware and software and related standards.
* Develops an effective build automation, continuous integration and test environment.
* Plans and executes software version upgrade releases and custom interfaces.
* Executes and monitors builds.
* Creates installation procedures.
* Develops and executes build acceptance tests.
* Creates, maintains, debug, and support the build and deployment scripts and tools for the software development across environments.
* Develops and manages systems of recovery for the code sources of the current and previous versions of software artifacts.
* Accountable for automating all aspects of the deployment pipeline (build, test, deploy).
* Analyzes performance of software using tools to measure static and dynamic metrics on all systems, and reports results.
* Ensure that a back-up plan exists and has been tested (if possible) for all releases and installations.
* Provides training on the release management process
* Provides coaching and guidance to team members. Acts in a team leadership role.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or management IT, and related field or equivalent experience are required.
* Typically has 6+ years of IT experience with at least 3 years related to release management.
* Minimum 6 years of experience with T-SQL and SQL Server 2000 or higher. Experience with SQL Server Administration tasks such as replication, database backups, restores etc.
* Thorough understanding of Change Control Processes and ITIL/ITSM best
*Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
*Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
*Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail
*Ability to prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines
*Ability to provide 24 hour on-call production support on a rotational basis.
*Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
*Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
*Knowledge of Change Control Processes/Tools and ITIL/ITSM best practices
*Understanding and use of object oriented programming
*Experience using MS SQL Server, SSDT, and clear understanding of database concepts.
*Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) for Data Services Development
*Experience in version control tools and automated builds (TFS 2013 considered a plus)
*Advanced knowledge of standard SDLC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
ScheduleFull timeEqual Employment Opportunity
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.