Charlotte, NC, US, 28208
If you are a current employee click here to apply.
Sealed Air is in business to protect, to solve critical packaging challenges and to leave our world better than we found it. Our portfolio of leading packaging solutions includes CRYOVAC brand food packaging, SEALED AIR brand protective packaging and BUBBLE WRAP brand packaging, which collectively enable a safer, more efficient food supply chain and protect valuable goods shipped around the world. Sealed Air generated $4.9billion in sales in 2020and has approximately 16,500 employees who serve customers in 115countries. To learn more, visit.
We are seeking a Senior Automation & Electrical Controls Project Engineer to join our Global Engineering team. This individual will have direct ownership of large and small projects globally and will have the opportunity to make a significant impact for Sealed Air. Successful candidates will be innovative thinkers who can both understand new technology in manufacturing and be able to look at true capability and identify the right place to implement it, will be great communicators that can work across diverse teams inside and outside the business, and will possess the ability to think outside of the box and embrace change.
The Senior Automation & Electrical Controls Project Engineer is responsible for the design, installation, and startup of process equipment in any of the global SEE manufacturing plants. Making modifications, retrofits, and performing development work on the equipment is also in scope. This individual must be able to develop, execute, and manage capital projects to include partnering with the business, purchasing, logistics, and finance to ensure not only the project but also the company's success. Candidates must have 3+ years of electrical design and engineering experience. These skills will be applied to projects which will include industrial control system design, networking, data acquisition from industrial process systems and interfacing with business intelligence software (ERP/MES). This candidate should be comfortable using their creative and technical background to develop feasible solutions to problems where a known solution may not exist. Limited international travel is required. This is a growth position that can lead to even greater opportunities in the future.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
* Apply strong technical skills to all facets of the project to include budgeting, planning and solution development, equipment specification, design, and startup, while coordinating with internal stakeholders, external suppliers, and contractors to complete projects on time and within budget
* Applies and interprets broader scientific or engineering theories and concepts.
* Able to work on a wide range of problems where causal relationships are difficult to establish, or no precedent exists, and the use of creative and imaginative thinking must be employed.
* Design, develop, install and maintain process equipment including extrusion systems.
* Identify/evaluate new technologies that can be incorporated into the existing processes to improve yield, increase throughput, and/or reduce cost.
* Configure control systems and data aggregation, storage and visualization software for analytical or troubleshooting purposes.
* Assist IT networking teams for network configuration and troubleshooting with VLANs etc. for control system/PLC connections to software in a secure manner.
* Identify, recommend and assist with upgrades for obsolete equipment, controls and programs.
* Other assignments as required.
* Enthusiastic, proactive, driven with a passion for problem solving and the ability to work collaboratively as part of an integrated team and a strong sense of responsibility.
* Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
* Minimum 3+ years of experience with Electrical design and project engineering.
* Candidate should have a proven history of using creativity and technical insight to develop unique solutions to problems where a known solution does not exist.
* Candidate must have a good working knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 70E, IEEE 1584, and National Electric Safety Code.
* Experience with 2D CAD (DraftSite/AutoCAD/Solidworks Electrical) for interpreting, modifying, and developing electrical drawings.
* Experience with designing, implementing, programming and troubleshooting control systems, including PLC/PC controllers, HMIs and industrial networks such as Ethernet IP, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, and configure motor control systems, servo drives, variable frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems.
* Experience with programming software such as RSLogix5000, Studio 5000 Logix and View Designer, FT View ME/SE, and other controls software platforms.
* Experience with communication protocols such as OPC DA, OPC UA, MQTT, REST, etc. and software platforms for industrial data capture, process data historians and visualization applications.
* Excellent skills with MS Office and project management tools.
* Work experience in manufacturing, plastic packaging or extrusion a plus.
* Must have strong written and oral communication skills, a collaborative work style and ability to effectively work with an interdisciplinary team.
* Ability and willingness to travel is required.
* CE and UKCA compliance experience will be a plus.
* PE license a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
WHY WORK AT SEALED AIR?
It is our responsibility to leverage what we have to affect positive and meaningful change for our communities and planet using Sealed Air's global resources and expertise.
Nearest Major Market: Charlotte
Job Segment: Controls Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Electrical, Engineer, Drafting, Engineering