REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It's about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Firmware Engineer Intern will assist in the development of consumer product integration of embedded firmware on low cost/low power microcontrollers for laundry products parts such as Unit Interfaces and Main Boards. This position will also participate in the design and development of new products and improvement of existing products. This person will interact and collaborate on products and projects with a local team in the USA and globally.
- Support Firmware Testing/Verification.
- Documentation for specifications and test results reporting.
- Conduct functional and reliability tests according to Electrolux test specifications and procedures.
- Quality improvement diagnostics and testing to recreate failure modes.
- Act as a project team member who is responsible for software support.
- Database retrieval and storage issues.
- Working in cross-functional project teams and ensure timelines of the overall tasks requested.
- Use internal and external resources & facilities to ensure function, reliability, and safety of firmware used in the laundry products.
- Deliver reliable potential firmware structures, documentation, and testing reports.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- Focused on achieving your targets - and those of customers.
- You're open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You want to know everything about everything - then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- You appreciate and understand process and the project goals.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds - not just because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Currently pursuing major of Engineering in Systems, Firmware, Electronics, Electrical, Technology, or Computer Science.
- Developed math and science skills with desirable minimum 2 years in school with some curriculum in semiconductor electronics, electrical devices, firmware for microcontrollers, control theory, and software.
- Ability to work in a lab and use multi-meter, oscilloscope, compilers, data-logger, and databases.
- Experience with electrical devices, semiconductor electronics, and embedded microcontrollers.
- Understanding of tool chains (compilers, assemblers, linkers) and knowledge of C or C++ language.
- Understanding of electronics and software architecture development.
- Understanding of asynchronous serial Interface packet-based communication protocols.