Are you looking for a home for the best years of your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic innovative firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals? Geosyntec is the place for you! We are seeking an exceptional Early-Career Environmental Engineer or Scientist with at least 5 years of experience to join our environmental sciences and engineering practice in Charlotte, North Carolina. Apply your academic knowledge and practical experience to real-world situations related to contaminated site assessment and remediation, groundwater management and water supply, and contaminant fate and transport while also learning and expanding the business skills needed for a successful consulting career.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Evaluate contaminated sites and develop remediation approaches, including feasibility studies, removal action work plans, and remediation design plans;
- Implement remedial pilot tests and systems, including vendor selection, logistical coordination, permitting, and supervision of field teams;
- Task and project management, including planning and implementing investigation and remediation projects, design and implementation, trouble shooting and optimization of remediation engineering projects, budgeting and budget management, adherence to schedule, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability;
- Management and mentoring of junior staff and managing subcontractors;
- Work plan development, data evaluation, and report writing;
- Prepare technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, specifications, and proposals;
- Environmental due diligence, regulatory compliance services, and permitting;
- Data analysis, including preparing maps, tables, and figures;
- Review and manage written document production;
- Prepare for and participate in meetings with clients, regulatory personnel, and other parties;
- Business development; including bringing in new clients and obtaining repeat business from existing clients, leading proposal preparation, and developing and implementing a business development plan; and
- At times, job may also include fieldwork including multi-media environmental sampling, sediment sampling and characterization, drilling oversight, contractor oversight, and remediation system operations, maintenance, and construction.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec's culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec's culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Based on your current level of experience, you may be asked to take on task-level or project management responsibilities, along with business development, and staff management and mentoring tasks.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires health and safety, first aid, CPR, and other training, as well as medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our employees to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 20%
- Overnight travel: Up to 30%
Your success is our success. We encourage our employees to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual's own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in geology or environmental, civil, or chemical engineering. (required)
- Advanced degree in geology or environmental engineering. (preferred)
- Professional registration obtained or in process (i.e., P.E. or P.G.) (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years (7+ preferred) of direct environmental consulting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Experience with multi-disciplinary project teams. (required)
- Demonstrated success in the development and management of clients. (preferred)
- Proven leadership skills. (required)
- Willingness to learn and succeed in business development.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver's license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting: http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting: http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.