Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the team at Legrand!
The Human Resources Internwill support the administration of the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources function and assist in coordinating HR policies, processes and relevant documents.
Assist with day-to-day operations of the HR function and duties
- Perform a variety of administrative functions, including organization, maintaining records and files (soft and hard copies), copying, scanning, faxing, and express mailings; meeting minutes, electronic mail or reports
- Provide administrative support to the Human Resources department; set appointments and arrange meetings, prepare and submit reports
- Coordinate HR meetings; organize and prepare meeting rooms, assemble and analyze information, distribute agendas and materials as necessary
- Assist in projects, such as, HR events, benefits open enrollment, employee communications and company-wide meetings
- Perform file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Prepare new hire packets, orientation binders and other materials
- Process employee requests and provide relevant information
- Update HR databases with relevant information; maintain training records and assist with resetting passwords
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to the company recognition programs
- Plan employee recognition events and activities as needed, partnering with the HR team
- Provide support with processing data and paperwork for new hires/employee changes, I-9 verifications, and entering job requisitions into Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Participate on committees and special projects, as requested or as availability permits
- Proactively offer suggestions for process improvements, efficiency and cost reductions
- Perform duties in a timely and efficient manner and work on projects as identified and assigned
- Consistently support compliance by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable laws and regulations
- Understand workplace hazards and take steps to proactively prevent and report hazards or injuries in the workplace. Cooperate in safety programs, initiatives, and investigations.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Possess a strong work ethic focusing on providing exceptional customer service
- Strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness with ability to work independently, demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and to appropriately prioritize workload
- Ability to proactively seek out answers and gather information from various sources within the organization
- Must be reliable with demonstrated history of good attendance
- Attention to detail, commitment to accuracy and follow-through to meet deadlines, despite frequent interruptions
- Highly proficient in the use of personal computers, internet, videoconferencing (such as Microsoft Teams or Google Meet) and Microsoft Office suite of software including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook (or related e-mail system); must have experience manipulating data in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects through completion at one time
- Ability to operate/work in a high growth, & corporate environment
- Ability to handle and keep confidential information and to use discretion
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required (for the majority of the working day) to sit and make coordinated movements of the fingers for data entry on a keyboard.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- General office environment
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Legrand is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discrimination or harassment.
If you'd like to work in a fun, creative, business-casual environment that offers a comprehensive benefit package, we encourage you to apply!
Legrand is an equal employment opportunity employer.
For California residents, please see the link for the . California law requires that we provide you this notice about the collection and use of your personal Information.
Milestone is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discrimination or harassment.