Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Our products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
ATI is currently looking to hire a Process Controls and Automation Engineer at our plant location in Richburg, South Carolina. In this role, you will be part of our "Carolinas" team responsible for improving and streamlining our manufacturing processes through the design, modification, configuration, implementation and installation of process control and automation systems. You'lldevelop process control applications utilizing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Distributed Control Systems, Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems (SCADA).
A successful Process Control and Automation Engineer is a thought leader, problem solver and strong communicator who will have to quickly develop a strong understanding of the operation to identify and develop efficient methods and processes to improve effectiveness, efficiency and reliability through technology innovation.
* Provide subject matter leadership in the selection, introduction and integration of appropriate process control and automation technologies based on a thorough understanding of the business and process needs
* Provide technical expertise and leadership on project teams in support of capital projects, process evaluation, project modifications and problem-solving activities
* Partner with engineers, designers, operators and other cross-functional teams on matters involving requirements or performance of tools, machinery, equipment, buildings or facilities to ensure strong outputs, reliability and efficiencies
* Govern and sustain ATI Process and Control Systems standards, specifications and conventions.
* Analyze and troubleshoot challenges and routine problems on all electrical / automation considerations and appropriately provide solutions and continuous improvement strategies
* Apply advanced engineering principles and strategies to improve operating efficiency of equipment and to design and implement automation systems
* Lead and participate in Continuous Improvement efforts, including troubleshooting, problem solving, and analysis to drive improvements through standard processes, cost reductions, and improved product flow and quality
* Ensure solutions meet requirements for reliability, availability, scalability and supportability.
* Assist in the enhancement and sustaining of overall technical capability and competence of maintenance and instrumentation technicians.
* Prepare and maintain process documentation, reports, correspondence and job-working records while ensuring accuracy and functional correctness of designs
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent years of related experience
* At least 3 years of electrical, reliability or process control/automation experience
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to Basic Qualifications)
* Advanced degree in Engineering
* Allen Bradley PLC Based Control Systems
* Controls Systems PE or Electrical PE license
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Ability to be an effective leader in an industrial production environment
* Action-oriented with the initiative to learn new skills and technology, comprehend, and visualize a complex set of processes and their interactions and apply rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems.
* Ability to work with multiple PLC Based Control Systems, including Allen Bradley (preferred)
* Ability to develop and maintain HMIs utilizing Wonderware or other HMI tools
* Knowledge of SCADA Systems, Sustainability Methodologies and Standards, Electrical fundamentals and safety practices, Mechanical and hydraulic systems of all types.
* Strong ability to lead, participate in, or act independently to identify and implement process optimization and continuous improvement initiatives
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze, troubleshoot and solve difficult problems effectively and implement long-term solution
* Detail oriented, highly organized and able to manage and execute multiple assignments with minimal supervision
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Outlook, Excel, Word) required.
* Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled