Apply your strategic and analytical skills learned during your college coursework to contribute to the Strategy and Innovation department at Washington Gas. The Summer Intern (Senior) will assist leadership with analysis and strategy development by contributing to due diligence and various assessments for the function. The candidate will assist in measuring business performance and help the team with integrated planning at Washington Gas and across affiliate companies.
Skill areas include, but are not limited to; researching, analyzing, writing, and editing, interpersonal communications, effectively working on a team, engaging with all levels of WGL to include employees and management.
Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate degree from an accredited college/university AND currently in your Senior (4th) year.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist management with measuring and monitoring US Utilities business performance
- Coordinate with leadership the follow up and documentation of the business unit goal setting process
- Perform research for leadership and assist with closely monitoring changing policy, regulatory and technology land scape to identify and quantify emerging threats and opportunities
- Assist with the development of and oversight on the execution of integrated business, operational and regulatory plan
- Assist leadership with monitoring the execution of strategic plans
- Provide support for leadership in developing slide decks and communications to socialize strategic options for leadership and BOD consideration
- Partner with areas of the business to assist with building energy eco-system partnerships (customers, vendors, academic / research institutions, etc.) to test emerging technologies
- Work closely with leadership to help support sales and commercial organizations on new product / service development
- Provide support to management on improving the governance process to enable senior leadership decision making
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor's degree in business, environmental science or policy, economics, finance, marketing or related field and in their fourth (Senior) year.
- Experience working in one or more of the following areas: strategy, utilities, gas, renewable energy, energy efficiency, or finance.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytic capabilities are preferred.
- Strong project management and execution skills are preferred.
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint are preferred.
WGL is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
WGL is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
SEMCO Energy is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job. (EOE, including disability/vets)